Only English!

Für Themen über alles, was mit Bildung zu tun hat.

Moderator: Modis

Tom_Riddle_Jr
DoxyDoxy

Re: Only English!

Beitrag von Tom_Riddle_Jr »

Perfect for studying the english language is also studying at an university of another country. After spending one semester at the university of Ghent in belgium, i am looking forward to study one semester in Palermo, Italy ;)
Bild

Ordo Amplissimus Philosophorum Universitatis Georgiae Augustae Göttingensis.

Sophie18
FlubberwurmFlubberwurm

Beitrag von Sophie18 »

So I want to go on an language vacation (I don´t know if this word exist) to become better in english. I know that my english is not so good. I can read an hear it, but I can´t write or speak it good. So sorry for the mistakes I´ve done in this short text.
A life with love, is a life that´s been lived ~Ed Sheeran

Ankaa Sabik Black
NewbieNewbie

Beitrag von Ankaa Sabik Black »

I think nodody needs to excuse for mistakes.
Most of us are not nativ speaker so it is natrually that we make mistakes.

Did you already watch the movies in English?
Or did you read the books in English?

I've watched the movies in English and by that time I only watch them in English. The German sync becomes bad and more bad with every time I watch an English film.
Zuletzt geändert von Ankaa Sabik Black am 18.03.2017 02:44, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
Alles, was wir brauchen, ist Glaube, Vertrauen und Feenstaub. ~ Peter Pan

Tom_Riddle_Jr
DoxyDoxy

Sophie18 hat geschrieben:So I want to go on an language vacation (I don´t know if this word exist) to become better in english. I know that my english is not so good. I can read an hear it, but I can´t write or speak it good. So sorry for the mistakes I´ve done in this short text.
There ain't any mistakes so far. Well written. Be brave and your english will be better ;)
Bild

Tom_Riddle_Jr
DoxyDoxy

Ankaa Sabik Black hat geschrieben:I think nodody needs to excuse for mistakes.
Most of us are not nativ speaker so it is natrually that we make mistakes.

Did you already watch the movies in English?
Or did you read the book in English?

I've watched the movies in English and by that time I only watch them in English. The German sync becomes bad and more bad with every time I watch an English film.
Yeah. I've seen many movies in english, and I am reading the tale of Harry Potter :) a third time in english^^
(After over 100 times reading in german and 1 time reading in italian^^)
Bild

Hermione_25
NewbieNewbie

Beitrag von Hermione_25 »

I've just been to Ireland for four months! (Not only to improve my language skills but also to get to know the country etc.). I stayed in a host family, went to the local school and I defenitely enjoyed it. Now I'm back in Germany and I've gained a lot of new experiences but also made new friends! I just recommend anyone (who gets the chance) to do such an exchange :smile:

Tom_Riddle_Jr
DoxyDoxy

Hermione_25 hat geschrieben:I've just been to Ireland for four months! (Not only to improve my language skills but also to get to know the country etc.). I stayed in a host family, went to the local school and I defenitely enjoyed it. Now I'm back in Germany and I've gained a lot of new experiences but also made new friends! I just recommend anyone (who gets the chance) to do such an exchange :smile:
Even at University there are possibilities to go on "exchange"^^
Bild

Ravenclaws Patronus
SchokofroschSchokofrosch

Beitrag von Ravenclaws Patronus »

Ankaa Sabik Black hat geschrieben:I've watched the movies in English and by that time I only watch them in English. The German sync becomes bad and more bad with every time I watch an English film.

Well, other syncs are horrible, German is always synchonised pretty well - compared to other languages ... You would not believe just how bad it is in other languages ... as ist it far worse, to be honest. German syncs belong to the best syncs all over the world!

What I constantly do to improve my English is to read fanfictions in English. A greater variety to choose from, often generally better stories, and you get to know quite a lot of words (about Harry Potter :lol: ). I also read the books, and now, I have managed to read a level where I can read English just as fast as German! :bounce:

Sadly, I have not watched any film for quite a while, whether English or German ...
Mitgliederliste hier im Forum => S. 332

Ginny11
GhulGhul

Beitrag von Ginny11 »

Ravenclaws Patronus hat geschrieben:Well, other syncs are horrible, German is always synchonised pretty well - compared to other languages ... You would not believe just how bad it is in other languages ... as ist it far worse, to be honest. German syncs belong to the best syncs all over the world!

What I constantly do to improve my English is to read fanfictions in English. A greater variety to choose from, often generally better stories, and you get to know quite a lot of words (about Harry Potter :lol: ). I also read the books, and now, I have managed to read a level where I can read English just as fast as German! :bounce:
I think so too, I watched some Movies, who are translated into French, and it is horrible. The Lip-Movements (It think that's not a real word xD) are really different to what they are saying, and it just doesn't fit. I also think that they people who synchronize that, are really trying their best, and all people just hate them, so I feel a little sorry for them.
So I still watch some movies in German, but I recently started watching some movies in English, mostly because some syncs are also in German not really great, but also to improve my English, and just because it's fun ;)

Reading books in English, I'm still a little afraid of. I think I would understand the most, but I still read the German translations of everything.

But what I often do, is watching English or American Youtubers. And there I think I can improve my English as well, and to be honest, they are a lot better then most of the German Youtubers.

Sorry for all of my mistakes, I hope you could at least understand what I mean :D
Bild
I am not pretty. I am not beautiful. I am as radiant as the sun.

Phobos
NewbieNewbie

Beitrag von Phobos »

Hey guys,

I'm learning English for almost 5 years now. I love this language and I often wish that I would be an English child. I have friends in Great Britain and they always help me to get better. Sorry for the mistakes...
Love,
Phobos
Mir wird oft klar, warum die NASA intelligentes Leben im Weltall sucht...

Antworten