Only English!

Für Themen über alles, was mit Bildung zu tun hat.

Moderator: Modis

Bella-
ThestralThestral

Re: Only English!

Beitrag von Bella- »

@Cate:

You live in England? That's so cool, I'd love to move there someday myself!
When did you move? And why? :smile:
Bild

Cate Snape
EuleEule

Beitrag von Cate Snape »

@Bella:

Yep, I do live in England.
I moved to London 3 years and a few months/weeks ago, not sure when anymore.
I just always wanted to move to England, and I'm just the person for doing what I want to do.
I also wanted, still want to, study Drama, so that's my main reason why I really moved to London, I never wanted to study it in Switzerland or Germany, just because all the movies and plays are in English, and here I can learn English and the accent, where you still learn English in Switzerland and Germany but not the accent really.
I applied for hotel jobs via caterer.com, and got a job interview for a reception job in Wimbledon, it wasn't even sure if I would get the job, but if you want something then you sometimes just have to jump into the ice cold water.

Now I live in Eastbourne and I meet quite a lot of German students here, trying to learn English, around 270 German students are here at the moment. Sea front.

I'd totally recommend to just do what you want to do. I just read you are studying the hotel business worlds craft ;) and I did the same for 3 years in Switzerland.

To be honest, you have to prepare yourself to be poor, only, if you don't have family members or friends already over there.
If you want to live in London, even with a finished hotel degree, you will just earn minimum wages which is £6.31 at the moment for an hour. (And now everyone is shocked) It means, 90% of your money you earn goes into your rent. Living is very expensive in London.
But to be honest, my first boss over here said:
(I got the job, but not for a receptionist, because my English was good but not perfect enough, so I got the job for cleaning rooms, but hey, its a start).
After a few month, when your English is great, you get a job at the reception.
After 5 years you can easily be a manager in a hotel.
If you really want it. ;)

It's hard, but its an amazing city.
But after 3 years living there, I feel 60 years older.
It's also a very tiring city.
And you usually meet there 3 different kinds of people:
The Fake Rats (People who act like they are your friends, but when you don't meet them any more they give a s* about you)
The Rich Kids (Because London is usually just for the riches)
or
The Slaves (Because if you want to survive you usually live in a house and there in a room and share a bathroom with 10 other people xD And you work very hard for £6.31 an hour. xD)

Very important, since you still are studying or doing your apprenticeship:
EARN EARN EARN and SAVE SAVE SAVE Money, otherwise you're going to be back home within a month there.

Otherwise, to move to England just outside of London is defo to recommend.
It's so much cheaper, and the people are.. more natural.. xD

Oh yeah, for everyone:
If you want to get tips or even help, just send me a private message or ask here, I'm really happy to help, I already met several German people at my previous work at the Harry Potter shop and I all helped them getting over to England. xD
Bild

Malea-Blume
SchokofroschSchokofrosch

Beitrag von Malea-Blume »

I love English! Everybody speaks it and it's easy to understand.
We learn English at School and we learn "Forms of migration" one of this stupid units from my Englishbook. My parents always speak English together and nom the change to french, because i'm to good at english :D . But now we learn french two and nom they speak Spanish!
Harry Potter for ALWAYS!

Auf ZH bin ich übrigens Hermine Granger2004 :bounce:

Tom_Riddle_Jr
DoxyDoxy

Beitrag von Tom_Riddle_Jr »

Ah The english langue. hey ho Folks. Does any1 speak more then english and german? Italiano e.g.?
Bild

Ordo Amplissimus Philosophorum Universitatis Georgiae Augustae Göttingensis.

Gryffinsword
FlubberwurmFlubberwurm

Beitrag von Gryffinsword »

Sorry, no. I love the English language but I can't speak Italian
The Game is on!

Cate Snape
EuleEule

Beitrag von Cate Snape »

Swiss - German. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Bild

Katniss Granger
SphinxSphinx

Beitrag von Katniss Granger »

Cate Snape hat geschrieben:Swiss - German. :lol: :lol: :lol:
High Five

I kinda speak French too, the problem is that I can't speak fluently, because I've got no vocab...it's very sad and I'm wondering how I'm planning to get my DELF B2 certificate next summer :'D
Become friends with people who aren't your age. Hang out with people whose first language
Bild
isn't the same as yours. This is how you see the world. This is how you grow.

Cate Snape
EuleEule

Beitrag von Cate Snape »

:lol: @Katniss, I already read that you're Swiss too! Really awesome. :D

I can speak basic French, but it usually goes in one ear and comes out at the other ear, I just can't get it inside my brain. Nice language, but not for me. :P
Even though we learned it in school as an obligatory subject and I went to the French speaking Swiss area when I was 16. :P Its like my brain has no space for French. :P
Bild

Katniss Granger
SphinxSphinx

Beitrag von Katniss Granger »

Cate Snape hat geschrieben::lol: @Katniss, I already read that you're Swiss too! Really awesome. :D

I can speak basic French, but it usually goes in one ear and comes out at the other ear, I just can't get it inside my brain. Nice language, but not for me. :P
Even though we learned it in school as an obligatory subject and I went to the French speaking Swiss area when I was 16. :P Its like my brain has no space for French. :P
Sometimes I think like 90% of all the People, who grew up in the german part of Switzerland, have this Problem. It's the same here, with me. But anyway, I will do it and get my DELF B2!

PS: sorry for words written in capital letters or something, it's autocorrect.
Become friends with people who aren't your age. Hang out with people whose first language
Bild
isn't the same as yours. This is how you see the world. This is how you grow.

*Ginny-Luna*
KnieselKniesel

Beitrag von *Ginny-Luna* »

Good idea you had :D

Well, I love the english language and I really wanna speak it fluently (?) and perfect when I am older, you now.

The problem is: in class I always now the new vocabs so I have to raise my hand when the teachers asks what this new word means :lol: :oops: I don't want to say something wrong, but I really don't have to study vocabs. Just spelling. That's terrible most of the time.
Liebe ist wie Wasser. Manche spielen damit, wärend andere darum kämpfen.

Antworten